This recipe was inspired by Joe Wicks Lean in 15 but tweaked to taste. This is a healthy version of Sweet & Sour, swap it for your usual takeaway!!
- Coconut or Olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 pack mange tout
- 3 x pork steaks/chops, sliced into 1cm thick strips
- Long grain rice (microwave pouch)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Handful of cashews
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander, to serve – optional
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion, pepper and mange tout and stir-fry for a few minutes until the veg just starts to soften.
- Throw in the pork strips and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes, by which time the vegetables should be softening and the pork virtually cooked. Check by cutting into one of the larger pieces of meat to make sure there are no raw pink bits left.
- Add the cashews to the stir-fry and cook for a minute.
- Cook your rice in the microwave, following the packet instructions.
- Reduce the heat under the wok or frying pan a little and pour in the vinegar and let it bubble up, stirring to combine. Turn off the heat and stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Pile up the hot rice on your plate, top with the sweet and sour pork and finish with a sprinkling of chopped coriander, if using.
Happy munching 🙂