Here’s a recipe I have tried recently that’s really simple and quick to make, and really delicious! I came across a similar recipe for this Goats Cheese & Tomato Tart on the Asda website as I fancied giving something a go that I hadn’t made before, to accompany some of the lovely sauerkraut that I have been given from Tummy Tonics. The original recipe used fresh tomatoes, however I had some sun-dried tomatoes in the cupboard so used these instead, which turned out to be a great idea! I also had some green & red pesto’s leftover which I had on the side of the tart and they were delicious.
- 500g pack ready-to-roll puff pastry
- Flour (for rolling out)
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 2 tsp chopped thyme leaves, plus some for garnish
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 200g drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes (or 220g of baby tomatoes, halved)
- 100g goats cheese, chopped.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c/Gas 7
- Roll the pastry out to the thickness of a pound coin and cut 4 rounds using a saucer or something similar as a guide. Put the rounds of pastry on a baking tray an using the point of a knife, mark a rim round the edge of each tart (take care not to cut right through). Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil and the butter then cook the onion until soft. Add the thyme and vinegar, and simmer until evaporated. Leave to cool.
- Divide the onion between the pastry cases, spreading it inside the marked rims. Top with the tomatoes and goats cheese pieces.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the pastry is golden. Garnish with thyme leaves and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Enjoy your tart with sides of your choice. I enjoyed mine with a handful of fresh rocket, and some Beetroot, Fennel & Orange Sauerkraut as well as some pesto 😊
Let me know your thoughts or if you have any of your own recipes that you think I need to try and share, please don’t hesitate to contact me across my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or at firstname.lastname@example.org