This meal is another easy dish to make and is delicious. It’s perfect comfort food for all the family! You can use any sausages you like, chicken ones are very tasty, and you could add cherry tomatoes too to make it sweeter and juicier. The ingredients should all be easy to find and any leftover ingredients should be easy to use up. Check out some of my other recipes to see if you can use them up towards making something else 😊
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 10 chipolata sausages (chicken ones go well)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 chillies (don’t use if you don’t like spice but still want a tasty meal)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, grated/1 tbsp easy garlic
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Approx 70g of tagliatelle/spaghetti/linguine per person
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- Heat some oil in a large pan on a medium heat. When hot, squeeze the meat out of the sausage casings and fry the sausage until browned, using a wooden spoon to squash or separate some of the larger chunks.
- Once the meat is browned, add the onion, garlic, peppers, chillies and thyme and cook until the onion and peppers soften.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Season with pepper and cook on a low heat for around 15-20 mins until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain the tagliatelle and stir in the pesto.
- Serve the pesto pasta topped with the ragú and enjoy!!
Please share with me if you have made this and let me know what you think.