I can’t take any credit for this delicious curry recipe, but it was so tasty I had to share it with you. This recipe is from the latest Pinch of Nom Book and is a lovely, warming curry. We had this as I was getting over a cold and it was just what I needed!!
There is a bit of cooking time to ensure the potatoes cook through but it’s worth the wait when the potatoes and fish just melt in your mouth. The recipe only requires a few ingredients and it’s easy to add extra spice if you wanted. Healthy and satisfying – give it a try yourself. I recommend buying the book as we have had it just a few weeks and already made 3/4 meals that we’ve really enjoyed out of it.
Ingredients (for 4);
- 185g jar of Laksa curry paste (we just used a medium curry paste)
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks around 1.5cm
- 700g skinless boneless cod fillets cut into 4cm chunks
- 100g green beans
- 10g fresh coriander roughly chopped (to serve)
Method (Approx 1 hour prep & cooking time):
- Heat the curry paste in a medium saucepan over a low heat for 1-2 minutes and stir. Add the coconut-milk (you can always use dairy free alternative if needed) and stir. Add the potatoes, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and cover. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Add the fish and gently press down to submerge in the sauce. Do not stir it otherwise the fish will break up. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans on top of the fish, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes – again don’t stir to avoid breaking up the fish.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of coriander. We also had some microwave basmati rice with it but that’s optional.
I hope that you give this gorgeous curry a go and enjoy it! Please share your photos and comments with me if you do!