Fancy something indulgent with only a handful of ingredients but still full of goodness & flavour? Then this Vegetable Bake is for you! With inspiration from a Pinch of Nom book coupled with the leftovers in my fridge and tweaked to taste, this is a fabulous vegetarian dish that needs minimal effort but really does give maximum yum! This recipe is quite versatile for you to be able to use up any leftover veg you have in your fridge, root vegetables especially!
Lovely and cheesy and includes 4 of your 5 a day, you can’t go wrong with this meal. As it is an oven bake, it’s not a quick dish to make, but the oven does a lot of the work so you can just pop it in and forget about it for 40 mins if you have other things to do; great for busy lifestyle home cooks and perfect to feed all the family 🙂
Ingredients (for 2 people);
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into small chunks
- 1 leek trimmed and cut into chunks (or a prepped pack of leek & cabbage that I grabbed from the supermarket)
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 150g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 180g ricotta
- 110g light spreadable cheese
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 30g breadcrumbs
- Serve with a mixed salad
Method (Approx. 50 mins altogether);
- Preheat the oven ro 160C/fan 140C/Gas Mark 3.
- Add a little oil into a large oven proof baking dish and add in your vegetables.
- IN a jug, combine the ricotta, spreadable cheese, mustard powder, 100ml water and plenty of seasoning. Mix well. Pour this over the vegetables and stir to ensure a good coating.
- Spread the breadcrumbs over the vegetables to form an even coating. Pop in the oven and cook until golden and vegetables are tender (about 35 – 40 mins). You can also batch cook this and freeze once cooked and cooled!
See I told you this was super easy. And it’s so creamy, you’ll love it!
If you have any other meals you think I should try out, please leave a comment below 🙂