If you’re looking for a recipe that is easy to prep, provides a super yummy and comforting meal and is healthy too, then I recommend my Beef Goulash! Inspired by a recipe on BBC Good Food and tweaked to taste, this meal is delicious and is really good to make in bulk and freeze for future lunches or dinners too!!
Ingredients (to make 2 portions);
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 600ml beef stock
- 300g rib eye steak, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 pepper, deseeded and diced
- For topping – natural yogurt & large handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes until starting to colour.
- Stir in the beef, increase the heat and stir fry to brown the meat.
- Add the caraway seeds and paprika and stir well. Then add the stock and tomatoes to the pan. Cover and leave to cook gently for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potato and green pepper. Cover and cook for another 25 minutes or until tender.
- Top with yogurt and parsley (to taste), and enjoy!
TIP: I like to dip a toasted thin naan or pitta bread in my goulash, yum yum!
Give it a go and let me know what you think!
Happy cooking 🙂