Homemade meatballs can be so falvoursome and filling! This recipe inspired by Gousto, is one I have made a few times and is a favourite of mine!
Recipe for 2 people. Prep time 25-30 mins.
- 1 large handful of cashew nuts
- 100g couscous
- 10g parsley
- 1 spring onion
- 250g British beef mince
- 80g natural yoghurt
- 30g diced dried apricots
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ 425°F/ Gas 7. Add the cashew nuts to a small baking tray or oven-proof dish. Put them in the oven for approx. 8-10 min or until they have darkened slightly in colour then transfer to a plate and keep the tray (you’ll use it later).
- Meanwhile, trim then chop the spring onion finely. Chop the parsley finely, including the stalks, keeping the stalks and leaves separate. Boil a kettle.
- Combine the beef mince, chopped spring onion, diced apricots, parsley stalks, crushed beef stock cube and a generous pinch of pepper. Mix thoroughly with clean hands, then divide the mixture into 6 and shape into meatballs. Add the meatballs to your reserved baking tray (use foil to avoid a mess!) and put them in the oven for approx 15 min or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the harissa paste in 200ml boiled water in a large bowl. Add the couscous, cover and set aside.
- Chop the roasted cashew nuts coarsely. Mix the natural yoghurt with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, season with salt and pepper and mix most of the chopped parsley leaves through (save a few pinches for garnish!)
- Once cooked, serve the meatballs over the couscous with the yoghurt dotted over. Garnish with the chopped cashew nuts. Enjoy!