Looking for a new curry to cook from scratch? This delicious Spicy Halloumi & Potato Curry has recently become one of my faves! 🍛 Follow my simple step by step recipe here 😊 AND PLEASE SHARE!
Ingredients (Serves 4 – 5 people and is ok to freeze):
- 225g halloumi (cut into cubes)🧀
- 1 x onion, chopped finely🧅
- 1 x pepper, sliced
- 2 x chillis, chopped finely🌶🌶
- 2 large/ 3 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes🥔🥔
- 800g tinned tomatoes🥫
- 150ml water
- 4 tsp garlic (fresh or granules)
- 2 tsp ginger (fresh or ground)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Fry the halloumi cubes first until browned and then set aside (Use a little oil and stir frequently so the cheese doesn’t stick to the pan).
- Fry your onions and peppers over a medium heat, in oil, for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add in the chillis and all the spices and fry for another minute, keep stirring so the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the tomatoes, water and potato cubes and simmer for approx 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and the sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the halloumi back into the pan and stir everything together until all heated through and serve with rice/Naan breads, or enjoy it in its own!!
Another simple, healthy and very satisfying dish to make, with ingredients that should be easy to find even in local stores, and using herbs & spices you can use in many more recipes, so there should be minimal waste!
Please give this a go and let me know what you think 😊😊