I’ve got another easy-to-follow and delicious “Corona Recipe” for you! A Spicy Chicken Pasta Bake 🌶🥫🍝 which I shoved together with inspiration from my cupboard 😂
I have a big bag of dried fusilli pasta & had a jar of spicy tomato sauce so thought why not get some bits to add to it and make it delicious, but still really easy for anyone to make!
- 500g chopped chicken breast
- 1 pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 sticks of celery chopped
- 500g jar of spicy tomato sauce (or 400g of chopped tomatoes and 1 tbsp of tomato puree if you have those?)
- 1 garlic clove chopped/1 tsp easy garlic
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (if you want to add more spice!)
- Approx 3 cups/mugs of pasta (I’m not great at guessing the right amount of pasta needed haha!!)
- Grated cheddar cheese (enough to cover the pasta once in the oven dish)
- Fry the onion, pepper and celery in a wide based frying pan on medium heat with some oil until it softens, then add the garlic & cook for 1 min.
- Add the chicken to the pan with the herbs and stir, browning the meat and ensuring is is cooked through (approx 10 minutes)
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta to instructions which takes approx 10-12 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked, drain the pasta and to the pan. Stir everything together well and season.
- Set the oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6, add all of the mixture to an oven dish and top with the grated cheese 🤤.
- Bake until the cheese melts and turns golden and crispy in parts (about 15 mins).
- Then enjoy! I had a dollop of coleslaw with mine nom nom!
Please share with me if you have made this and let me know what you think. An easy and very comforting meal for the family during corona 😊😊