With some inspiration from a past Gousto recipe, I decided to use up some leftovers in the fridge and a mixture of spices in my cupboard with some soft tortillas and came up with this yummy recipe. The tacos are soft, a little messy, but damn tasty!
Ingredients (2 people):
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 6 White Tortilla Wraps
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 250g Lamb Mince
- 80g Baby Leaf Spinach
- 30g Feta
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
Method (Cooking time approx 30 mins):
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ 425°F/ Gas 7. Chop the tomato into wedges. Peel and slice 1/4 a red onion as finely as you can. Add the tomato wedges and sliced red onion to a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir it all together and set aside – this is your tomato salad.
- Chop the remaining onion finely. Heat a large, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick with a matching lid) with a drizzle of olive oil over a medium heat. Once hot, add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and cook for 3-4 min or until beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop (or grate) the garlic. Once the onion has softened, add the lamb mince to the pan and increase the heat to high. Cook for 3-4 min further or until browned all over, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you go.
- Add the dried oregano, ground cumin, ground coriander, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and cook for 30 secs. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 30 secs further. Add the tomato puree and 100ml cold water and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Once boiling, add the baby leaf spinach to the pan and cook, covered, for 2-3 min further or until the spinach has wilted and the lamb is cooked through. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and give everything a good mix up – this is your spiced lamb filling.
- Divide the spiced lamb filling between the tortilla wraps, covering only half of the wrap. Break the feta up into small pieces over the top of the filling and fold each tortilla over so you’re left with 6 half moon-shaped sandwiches – these are your spiced lamb, spinach & feta tacos.
- Add the spiced lamb, spinach & feta tacos to a baking paper-lined baking tray (or two!). Place a second baking tray on top to weigh them down slightly. Put the stacked baking trays in the oven and cook for 12 min, or until the wraps are slightly browned and the cheese has melted.
- Serve the spiced lamb, spinach & feta tacos with the tomato salad to the side and enjoy!
Happy munching 🙂