Now we’re back from our European travels, we’re missing some of the amazing food we had including the Weiner Schnitzels! So I thought I’d make my own… and just to prove how easy they are, here’s all I did.. *noted I used pork not veal as per the traditional Weiner but you can also use turkey or chicken breast too!* This with a side salad, coleslaw and some seasoned new potatoes came to a fabulous healthy 455 calories!!
Ingredients (for 2);
- 2 x pork steaks
- 1 slice stale brown bread
- 1 tsp rosemary & onion seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 x pack of microwave herby baby potatoes
- Side salad & coleslaw to serve
Method (Take approx 10 mins);
- Trim the pork steaks of fat & pound them until about half a CM thick all over
- Blitz the stale slice of brown bread until fine crispy breadcrumbs and mix these with a the rosemary & onion and oregano seasoning
- Line a baking tray with a little oil or melted butter and pre-heat your grill
- Dip the pork steaks into a bowl with 1 whisked egg in ensuring the steaks are covered in egg
- Then dip the steaks into the breadcrumb mixture ensuring they are fully and evenly coated
- Add your schnitzels to the baking tray and drizzle over a little more oil or melted butter
- Grill on medium temperature 7 mins per side until the coating is crispy and the pork is cooked through!
- Drizzle with some lemon juice and enjoy 😉
A real comfort food dish that takes us back to our travels but a healthy version allowing us to enjoy time and time again!! And it’s proper tasty too 🙂
Please give it a try yourself and let me know what you think!
If you have any recipe recommendations, questions or would like to collaborate with me in any way, please just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!