A casual, slightly tucked away café next to the Kelham Island Museum that serves speciality coffee, breakfast, brunch & lunch, available for private hire also.
I met my foodie friend @maggiesaucecooks for a Bank Holiday Brunch at Island, Kelham Museum as I had been wanting to visit for a while and we both fancied Eggs Benedict, so their menu really appealed to us. I booked a table but at 11am the café wasn’t too busy, so walk ins should be fine. As ever with Kelham Island parking was a little tricky so I had to park about a 5 minute walk away so just a heads up for anyone having to drive there.
Staff were really friendly & welcoming and even told us about the cakes they stock up from @gaardcoffee.
- I went with the EGGS BENEDICT; roast ham and soft poached eggs on sourdough bloomer topped with chive hollandaise and roasted sweet potato. The eggs were perfectly runny (check out my Instagram post here for that perfect egg yolk pop!), the sweet potato was a nice touch and I loved the salsa around the plate too! A very yummy brunch.
- Meg enjoyed the WILD MUSHROOM BENEDICT; wild mushrooms and soft poached eggs on sourdough bloomer with chive hollandaise and roasted sweet potato (V). Another perfectly cooked dish that was delicious!
- We shared HASH BROWNS which were lovely and crispy
- Chai Latte was gorgeously warming
- Banana & Blueberry smoothie went down a treat
- We also had a cake each, I went with the Ginger & Pumpkin cake which was lovely and moreish and citrusy and Meg went with the Vegan Orange Cake that was moist and tasty (was too excited to eat them I forgot to take a pic!)
Prices here for brunch are really reasonable and we really enjoyed a relaxed late morning here. For more information on Island, visit their Facebook or Instagram pages.
I hope that you enjoyed my review and it has inspired you to give this restaurant a visit. Please check out my other reviews, and my recipes too! If you have any restaurant/pub/café suggestions for me to try, please leave a comment below. If you are a restaurant/food vendor and would like to collaborate with me in any way, please just email me at email@example.com!