So although I am currently on vegan week, I wanted to share one of my favourite recipes with you; Spicy Chilli Beef Stir Fry.
This recipe is originally inspired by Asda Good Living, but I have tweaked slightly to my taste. I love the recipes from the monthly Asda magazine, and highly recommend collecting them and giving some a try!
Serves: 2 (large portions, or 3 medium portions)
Time: 30 mins including prep time.
- 400g pack of stir fry beef or 2 rib-eye steaks cut into slices
- 1 tsp chinese 5 spice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 close garlic, thinly sliced
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, sliced (and de-seeded if you don’t want to make it as hot, I normally leave the seeds)
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 250g pack Tenderstem broccoli, any larger stalks sliced in half
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 230g sachet Black Bean Stir Fry sauce (Asda’s own has less sugar than most)
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Fresh egg noodles (optional to serve, I tend to just have the dish on its own)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan/wok until hot, and cook the meat for 4 – 5 minutes browning on all sides.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes to start to soften the broccoli.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chillies and spring onions, cooking everything together for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the black bean sauce and heat through until bubbling. If you have chosen to have fresh noodles with the dish, add these at this stage also to warm through with the sauce.
- Serve with the coriander leaves and lime wedges.
- Try not to inhale as it is so delicious!
This is a really simple meal, but really tasty, and actually has quite a kick to it!
Hope you enjoy, and please give me your feedback if you give this a go 🙂