This recipe is from one of the Body Coach Lean in 15 cookbooks which I thought I’d try recently as I haven’t cooked with gnocchi much and it sounded refreshing. There is a recipe to make the pesto yourself but I’ll be honest I bought in a jar of pesto to use as it was more convenient for me, but I’ve included that recipe below if you want to make it from scratch.
Ingredients (2 people):
- 2 x skinless chicken breast
- Coconut or olive oil
- Pack of fresh gnocchi
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 60g of artichoke hearts (Asda do these in a jar), drained and roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of rocker per person roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsp green pesto
For the pesto:
- 2 handfuls of basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Placing the chicken between cling film and using a rolling pin as a mallet, lightly beat the chicken until slightly thinned to an even thickness.
- Melt the oil in a hot griddle pan and cook the chicken for 6 -8 minutes on each side, until cooked through. When the chicken is all cooked, set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi according to packet instructions.
- Make the pesto by placing all the ingredients in a small food processor and blitzing until fairly smooth. Season and set aside.
- Shred the cooked chicken. Place the tomatoes, artichokes, rocket and gnocchi in a bowl and pour over the pesto and toss to mix well. Top the gnocchi mixture with the shredded chicken.
- Eat immediately or at room temperature.
This is a really simple and refreshing dish great for spring/summer but filling enough to enjoy any time really.
Please, please, please do share your comments with me on this recipe, I hope I have inspired you to give it a go! If you make this dish, let me know and share your photos to be in with a chance of featuring on my blog/social media!