Inspired by a recipe in Joe Wick’s Lean in 15 The Shift Plan book and tweaked to match my taste and work with the ingredients I had in, I came up with my own take on Singapore Noodles and they were super slurpingly delicious!!
This recipe is really easy to follow and uses healthy ingredients suitable for all the family! I had made a Prawn Thai Green Curry the day before for 2 of us, so there was lots of ingredients I had to use up that were perfect to make this dish!
Ingredients (For 2 people):
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bitesize pieces
- Approx 100g king prawns (I had half a packet of cooked prawns in the fridge but raw ones are fine)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed/finely chopped
- 100g mangetout, cut in half
- 100g baby sweetcorn, cut in half
- 300g fresh egg noodles
- 1/3 tin of coconut milk (the rest I used in a Thai green curry) – this is optional you can just add water or some soy sauce for a bit of sauce.
- Juice of 1 lime
- Small bunch coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat some oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes, stirring a few times. When the chicken is no longer pink, sprinkle half the curry powder into the wok and stir to coat the chicken pieces.
- Add in the prawns, pepper, spring onions, chilli, garlic, mangetout and sweetcorn and stir fry for a few minutes until the prawns are cooked and the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Add the noodles,along with a splash of water and the coconut milk, this will help loosen any ingredients that may have stuck to the pan as well as separate the noodles and give the dish a bit of sauce.
- Sprinkle the rest of the curry powder in and season generously Toss everything together and plate up, drizzling over the lime juice and chopped corriander.
See, a simple but very tasty dish. Add more chilli if you love spice and use any decent stir fry vegetables you may have if you don’t have the exact ones from my recipe, I guarantee you’ll enjoy it. Let me know what you think!
Happy munching 🙂