Another tasty, simple and comforting sausage pasta dish – know it might look like there’s a theme starting haha! But this is a delicious recipe and after posting the below pic on social media, I’ve had followers requesting the recipe so here it is! I found a similar recipe to this on Pinterest (Getting some really good inspiration for recipes on there at the moment), and as always I tweaked this dish to taste.
Ingredients (for 3 people):
- 240g pasta
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 6 sausages/400g, chopped into bitesize pieces – I used Asda’s Extra Special Pork with Mozzarella & Smoked Tomato and they were AMAZING
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 200g plum or cherry tomatoes
- 150ml chicken stock or white wine
- 1 courgette, diced
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Handful of grated hard cheese
- Salt & pepper
Method (Approx 45 mins to prep and cook):
- Add oil to a large, wide-based pan over medium heat. Add in the onion and chilli flakes and cook until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the sausage and cook until sausage is brown and no pink color remains.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Add in the tomatoes and wine (or stock) and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to burst and give off their juices, about 10 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to gently press the tomatoes if they’re not bursting on their own. Stir in the courgette and cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the pasta into a pan of boiling water and cook for 9 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Toss the pasta immediately into the pot with the sauce and stir well to combine. Add in some of the reserved cooking water, if needed. Finally, stir in the basil.
- Remove from heat and divide among serving bowls. Top with cheese and serve at once!
Please give this recipe a go yourself, it won’t disappoint! Share your photos with me and I’ll share them across my social media too!
Follow me now on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.