You know I love my pasta recipes and this one that popped up on Pinterest is yet another delicious dish! I tweaked the original recipe to give it a bit of a kick and it went down really well. I really recommend searching recipes on Pinterest if you are losing your cooking inspiration, as that’s where I am getting a lot of mine from recently.
What I was really pleased about with this recipe was there was literally barely any prep apart from chopping up some sun-dried tomatoes!! It’s also a great meal to make on a busy evening where you don’t have much time to prep food and wait for ages for it to be ready – it literally takes about 15 minutes altogether! And it’s fairly healthy as well. Win win.
Please give this recipe that I’ve adapted and come up with a try, and share with me how it was for you 🙂
Ingredients (for 2 people;
- Pack of cooked king prawns (Approx. 12 – 15 in quantity)
- 150g spaghetti
- Handful of baby spinach
- 150g sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 300ml crème fraiche
- Approx. 1 tbsp lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Italian/Mixed herbs
- 1 tsp hot chilli flakes
- 1 tsp basil (dried or fresh is fine)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil a kettle. Add the boiling water to a pan with the spaghetti and cook for approx. 10 – 12 minutes.
- In the mean time heat up the 2 tbsp butter in a wide pan on a medium heat. Once hot, add in the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, crème fraiche, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and a tbsp of lemon juice and mix. Let this sauce simmer for 2 minutes but be careful not to let it bubble too much.
- Add in the king prawns and cook for a few minutes until everything is warmed through and coated in the sauce which should have slightly thickened.
- Add the spinach and basil and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. By now your spaghetti should be cooked 🙂
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan with the prawns in, mixing everything up and drizzling with a little more lemon juice.
- Serve up and enjoy!
Please give this recipe a go yourself, it won’t disappoint! Share your photos with me and I’ll share them across my social media too!