This is one of my absolutely FAVOURITE meals! It’s so quick to make but it’s really tasty, packed full of veg and I love the combination of the avocado with this. Oh and I sometimes add a bit of feta on top as a treat. I find this meal surprisingly filling but if you feel it isn’t a big enough portion for you, it is great with sweet potato! The original recipe is from Joe Wick’s Lean in 15 Shift Plan, but I have tweaked slightly to my taste.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green & 1 red chilli, finally chopped (just have the 1 chilli if you’re not keen on spice)
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 1/2 courgette, diced
- 500g reduced fast beef mince
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
Method (Overall prep & cooking time 15 mins):
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion, chillies (save a bit for plating up), peppers and courgette and stir-fry for 2-4 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the beef mince and stir to combine with the other ingredients, using your spoon to break up any large lumps as you go. Keep frying for about 3-4 minutes, by which time the mince should be fully cooked through.
- Add the paprika, garlic and cumin, along with a generous pinch of salt & pepper, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Tip your chilli onto a plate, then top with the yogurt, avocado, leftover chilli and coriander.
A delicious and healthy, low carb meal to enjoy any day of the week!
Please share your photos and comments with me if you do!