This really easy-to-make and low carb recipe is super tasty and very cheesy. There aren’t a heap of ingredients required either! Alongside the chicken, I roasted a prepped Mediterranean Vegetables pack (can get from most supermarkets) with some leftover asparagus for the same amount of time in the oven – very healthy and easy and not too much washing up 🙂 All this for 660 calories per portion!
Ingredients (2 people):
- 2 chicken breasts
- Approx. 100g broccoli florets, boiled just for 2 minutes & chopped
- 4 strips of bacon medallions, cooked & chopped
- 70g ranch dressing (we made our own, please see recipe below)
- 80g grated cheddar cheese
- 40g grated mozzarella
- 400g pack of roast vegetables
Ingredients for ranch dressing:
- 30g mayo
- 30g sour cream
- Small clove of garlic, crushed
- Pinch each of dill, parsley, chives & onion powder.
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix all off the above with seasoning, and there you have your own Ranch sauce!
Method (Total prep & cooking time approx 40 mins):
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c. Add the chicken breasts to a casserole dish/roasting tin. (It might be worth flattening them out a little to make them cook more evenly)
- Top the chicken with the chopped broccoli florets and then the cooked bacon.
- Spread the ranch dressing on top.
- Top with both the grated cheeses
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 – 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
It really is that easy, but is very tasty and a great high-protein meal. Cooking this mean is also quite simple so this is great for a weekday dinner too.
Please give this dish a try and let mw know what you think.
Follow me now on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
LikeLiked by 1 person