Low in fat, packed with veg and flavour, this one-pot dish is a great, healthy dinner either on it’s own or with rice/buttery potatoes. Good, easy comfort food – my favourite kind!!!
Ingredients (for 2);
- 2 chicken breasts, diced.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp harissa spice mix
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 medium courgette, thickly sliced
- 400g kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 chilli, finely chopped (optional for a bit of spice)
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped into large bitesize pieces
- 1 tbsp of butter
Method (takes approx. 25-30 mins);
- Season the chicken all over with cumin and lots of ground black pepper.
- Put the potatoes in a pan covered well with water on a high heat and boil for 20-25 mins until soft enough to put a fork through.
- Heat some oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the chicken with the onion for 5 – 7 minutes until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Mix in the tomatoes, harissa, honey, courgettes and kidney beans.
- Bring to a simmer until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 15 mins.
- Drain the potatoes and mix in the butter roughly so the potatoes are slightly “crushed”
- Serve the potatoes with the stew poured over them – nom nom!!!
A lovely, warming bowl of goodness with a bit of heat in the background. Please give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Happy munching 🙂