Is there any better mid-week comfort food than this right now? Spicy chicken thighs with chunky, fresh guacamole topped with cheese & sour cream? Mmmmmm. This is great as a dish on it’s own, or make it go further by shoving everything into a wrap! Low on carbs & packed full of healthy ingredients, this meal is really easy to make and extremely mouthwatering!
Check out my easy to follow “Cook With Me” video too 🙂
Ingredients (for 2 people);
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp chipotle/hot pepper sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Low calorie oil spray
- 3 peppers, de-seeded and cut into large pieces
- Sour Cream & Chive Dip
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- Hot, smoked paprika to serve
- For the Guacamole;
- 2 soft avocados, de-stoned and chopped roughly
- Handful of baby tomatoes or 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Large handful coriander, chopped + extra to serve
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 chilli, finely diced
Method (Approx 15 mins altogether);
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat. Chuck the chicken thigh pieces into a bowl with the chipotle/hot pepper sauce and lime juice and season generously. Toss to coat evenly, place the chicken under the grill.
- Cook for 5 – 6 minutes on each side (or until cooked through).
- Meanwhile, melt the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the peppers and cook over a high heat for around 8 minutes until tender and slightly charred.
- Mash together the guacamole ingredients in a bowl with a fork until combined well but still chunky.
- To serve, place the peppers, chicken and guac in a bowl and top with a dollop of sour cream & chive dip, sprinkle over the grated cheese & paprika, and finally top with coriander and an extra squeeze of lime.
It really is as easy as that to make and is a really pleasing yet healthy dish! Give it a try and let me know how much you enjoy it.