This easy-peasy and super comforting pasta bake was inspired by Pinch of Nom’s Pizza Pasta recipe but as always I tweaked it and added some ingredients and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to make. It’s a great week night, guilt-free meal to make for all the family and is only approx. 320 calories per portion!
Ingredients (for 3 portions);
- 150g dried pasta
- low-calorie oil/cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 peppers, deseeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x 500g carton passata
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Henderson’s Relish
- 40g sliced pepperoni
- 1 light mozzarella ball
- 40g reduced-fat grated cheddar
- 1 tbsp tinned, sliced jalapenos
- 50g pimiento-stuffed olives
Method (Approx. 35 mins prep + cooking time);
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c / 180c fan / gas mark 6.
- Cook the pasts according to packet instructions, drain and leave to one side.
- Meanwhile, heat up a large frying pan with a little oil/cooking spray and fry the onion and peppers over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes until the vegetables are softening.
- Add the jalapenos and olives to the pan and sprinkle over the oregano and basil and give everything a good mix to ensure all vegetables are coated. Pour in the passata and Henderson’s Relish and stir until combined.
- Dice half of the pepperoni and add to the sauce and season to taste.
- Tip the cooked pasta into an ovenproof dish, pour over the sauce and stir until the pasta is coated. Sprinkle the pasta with the mozzarella and cheddar and top with the remaining pepperoni.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling and everything is heated through.
This really is another fantastic pasta bake to serve up and packed with a balance of healthy ingredients too.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
If you have any other meals you think I should try out, please leave a comment below.