Because I’m generous, here’s another of my pasta recipes that turned out absolutely delicious, I just had to share it with you! As with most of my recipes it’s easy to make and follow – so easy in fact that I made one of my Cook With Me Videos (see below or here on YouTube).
Packed with veggies and adding a bit of spice to it, makes this a really good warming dish for this time of year. Unusually for me, I used a pre-made sauce which I received in my September Degustabox subscription – Pancetta Del Casale Sauce. This recipe is versatile though and will go with any tomato/ragu based sauce. All of the below came to approx 726 calories which were largely down to the chorizo and pasta used.
Ingredients (for 2 people);
- 100g chorizo, diced
- 120g penne pasta
- 350g tomato/ragu based sauce (I used a jar of Cirio Pancetta del Casale con Funghi e Peperoni)
- 1 heaped tsp of lazy chilli or 1 chopped chilli (optional)
- 100g Green jalapeno-stuffed olives (plain green olives would be fine)
- 2 peppers, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- Parmesan to serve (optional)
Method (Approx 25 mins altogether);
- Heat up a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil on a medium-high heat. Fry the carrot & onion first until soft.
- Add the peppers to the pan and fry until soft.
- Cook your pasta as per instructions (usually boil for approx 10 mins, adding a little salt to the pan).
- Add the diced chorizo to the pan with the vegetables and give everything a good mix, cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Next, add in your sauce and your chilli if using, to the large pan and give everything a good mix. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Finally before serving, add the cooked pasta to the large saucepan, coating it in all of the sauce and ingredients.
- Don’t forget to drop in your olives to warm through!
- Serve between your pasta bowls and top with a little grated parmesan.
Told you it was easy, and believe me it’s so tasty! Check out my Cook With Me video 🙂