This recipe took inspiration from meals I have made in the past (various Lean in 15 recipes) & was tweaked to taste/suit what ingredients I could find. It’s such a refreshing and lip-smacking, tasty dish and only takes approx. 15-20 mins to make, so it’s ideal for those with a busy lifestyle that still want to eat healthy and fulfilling meals. Total calories = 554 per portion.
Ingredients (for 2 people);
- 125g pack asparagus, sliced in half
- 100g pack of tender-stem broccoli, any bigger stalks sliced in half length-ways.
- 2 x duck breast fillets, removing the fat (approx. 120g each) sliced into 1cm strips.
- 300g “straight to wok” wheat noodles
- 5 spring onions, sliced finely
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into thin batons.
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 tsp garlic puree/paste or 2 garlic cloves minced
Method (Takes 15 – 20 mins to prep & cook);
- Heat up some oil (coconut or low calorie spray is better for you) in a large wok/deep frying pan on a medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the sliced duck and cook on all sides for approx. 3-5 minutes until browned but still cooking in the middle.
- Heat up the pan a little and chuck in your asparagus, broccoli, spring onions, garlic and give everything a good mix, frying for a minute. Add about 30mls of water to bring everything together and fry for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring often so nothing burns or catches the pan.
- Add in your noodles and half of the hoisin sauce and cook for a further minute or two until the noodles are warmed through. Now your duck should be cooked and your veg should still have a lovely crunch to it but be softened slightly.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the rest of the hoisin sauce, stir everything together and divide into 2 bowls.
- Top the bowls with the cucumber batons and enjoy!
This meal is a feel-good, almost fakeaway style meal and is great for a mid-week treat without all the calories!
If you have any recipe recommendations or questions or would like to collaborate with me in any way, please just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!