These Vegan fajitas are not only satisfyingly filling but are also full of the classic Mexican flavours you’d expect in this type of dish. It’s becoming more and more easy to be able to create Vegan-friendly versions of my favourite meals, and this is just one example! Not only are there lots of fresh, healthy ingredients used in this recipe, it’s filling AND low in calories too! Total calories = Approx 490 per portion.
Ingredients (for 2 people);
- 1 pepper , cut into strips
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp chilli powder or chilli flakes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 200g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Small bunch coriander finely chopped
- 6 small tortillas
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
Method (Takes 15 mins to prep & cook);
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the pepper and onion over a medium-high heat until tender and starting to turn golden brown, about 6-8 mins. Add the garlic and spices and fry for 1 min more until fragrant. Add half of the lime juice and season. Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm while you heat the beans.
- Tip the black beans into the same frying pan and add the remaining lime juice. Season well, and stir until warmed through and coated in any remaining spices from the pan. Stir in most of the coriander.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave or wrapped in foil in a low oven. Serve the wraps with the peppers, beans, avocado, extra coriander and extra lime wedges to squeeze over, if you like.
It’s THAT easy! Tasty, refreshing and healthy. What’s not to love?
If you have any recipe recommendations, questions or would like to collaborate with me in any way, please just email me at email@example.com!