Sometimes you just want a pizza, plain and simple. However for those of us that are being more calorie conscious, a pizza can be a very calorific, guilt-ridden meal choice. So I gave this healthier recipe a go, and honestly, we loved it!! Yes it’s not that greasy, stodgy mess that you crave sometimes. BUT it was fresh, crispy, tasty and satisfying – perfect for a mid-week “treat”. Oh and not only that, it didn’t mean an arm-long list of ingredients and was quick & easy to make. Total calories = Approx 400 cal per portion (half a pizza).
Ingredients (for 2 people/1 pizza);
- 1 pack of pizza base ready mix (just add water).
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 green olives
- 1 courgette
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 50g light mozzarella
- Optional – chilli flakes & parsley to serve.
Method (approx 35 mins in total);
- Prepare the pizza base according to packet instructions, leaving to proof for 15 mins so the dough rises. (This was meant to double in size according to the packet however ours didn’t but was still a great pizza base.
- Meanwhile, slice your tomatoes in half, slice the courgette thinly using a peeler discarding the core.
- Chop up the garlic and olives finely
- Once the pizza base is ready, pop it on a lined & oiled baking tray and spread the tomato puree on leaving about an inch gap round the edges.
- Top with the courgette & tomatoes and sprinkle on the olives & garlic.
- Tear the mozzarella and place evenly on the pizza.
- Optional – sprinkle some chilli flakes on now if you wish.
- Top with some fresh parsley and extra cheese if you wish.
Well, I hope you like this one. Give it a go and let me know what you think. Mix and match other preferred toppings too see what you can come up with 🙂
If you have any recipe recommendations, questions or would like to collaborate with me in any way, please just email me at email@example.com!
Wow!! Amazing recipe 😋
Do visit my blog http://www.minalspiceworld.com