This delightfully warming home-made soup is a simple, humble recipe but delicious all the same. No need for a food processor as long as you don’t mind a chunky veggie soup. The flavours and aroma of the dill, gherkins and sour cream take me back to visiting family in Poland. A yummy, easy to make lunch for anyone to try. Total calories = 158 per portion.
Ingredients (for 6 portions);
- 1700ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 450g peeled and diced potatoes
- Two large peeled and diced carrots
- One large peeled and diced parsnip
- Six grated dill pickles (I used gherkins that I had in)
- 220g/240ml sour cream
- Chopped fresh dill
Method (Approx 40 mins in total);
- Heat the stock to a boil in a large saucepan. Toss in the potatoes, carrots, and parsnip and bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and cook until the veggies are soft.
- Mix in the pickles and any accumulated juices.
- Take off the heat and add the sour cream, continually stirring.
- Now serve hot in warmed bowls with chopped fresh dill.
This soup recipe is so easy but so warming and delicious and great for batch cooking lunches for a few days ahead which is what I did. A simple soup recipe to come back to time and again.
If you have any recipe recommendations, questions or would like to collaborate with me in any way, please just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!