Pasta is life, BUT I do take note of my calorie deficit on a daily basis to maintain a healthy, balanced diet. So when I came up with this healthier but still very tasty lasagne recipe, I was most pleased with myself and can’t wait to make this again! It’s so easy to make the ragu yourself and pack it full of veggies. I cheated with shop bought white sauce to save myself some time and effort, so you can save even more calories here by making this from scratch of buying a lower calorie version. I made this with a side of butternut squash baked chips to use up leftovers, but a nice side salad or vegetables would go well. Total calories = Approx. 490 calories per portion.
Ingredients (for 4 people);
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 480g jar Dolmio white lasagne sauce
- 500g 2% fat turkey mince
- Approx. 130g lasagne sheets
- 170g swede, peeled & diced
- 90g carrot, peeled & diced
- 1 red onion, peeled & diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled & crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt & pepper to season
Method (Takes approx. 50 minutes altogether including prep);
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and fry the swede, carrot and onion for about 5-7 minutes to soften.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan).
- Add the diced garlic, oregano and basil to the frying pan and give everything a good mix and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Once the veg has softened, add in your turkey mince, breaking this up with a spoon as it cooks, until the mince is cooked all the way through (should all turn white/brown slightly).
- Add the tinned tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes until the ragu thickens.
- In a deep baking tin/oven dish layer up your lasagne, starting with a layer of your ragu, topping this with lasagne sheets, then the white sauce to cover, and repeat until you end up with pasta sheets and white sauce on the top. Top with a little cheese if you wish.
- Bake the lasagne in the oven for 25 – 30 mins until golden and crispy on top and bubbling.
If you have any recipe recommendations, questions or would like to collaborate with me in any way, please just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!