I recently made Sausage Rolls from scratch for the first time EVER!! This was for MacMillan Coffee Morning at my new workplace, so I was keeping everything crossed that they came out well. Everyone else baked sweet stuff so I thought I would be different and go for savoury, which went down a right treat! They were all gone before lunch time 🙂 They were so tasty I had to sneak a few for myself of course.
My recipe is a little of a rough guideline as I was working from a BBC Good Food Recipe, tweaking it and winging it as I went along basically! Hope that this works well for you and you come out with some delicious bakes!
Serves approx 16 (medium sized Sausage Rolls)
- Sausages – I made the filling from 4 x Chicken Chipolatas (leftovers) and 6 x Pork & Tomato Sausages.
- 4 tbsp caramalised onion chutney
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp thyme
- Approx 640g sheet puff pastry
- 2 beaten eggs
- I had to make these in 2 batches due to size of oven & space needed for the pastry to expand… Heat the oven to 200C / 180C fan / gas mark 6.
- Squeeze the meat from the sausages into a bowl and mix with the chutney, mustard and thyme.
- Unravel the pastry and roll out evenly so that you have enough to make approx 16 medium sausage rolls, bearing in mind that you will be folding the pastry over the sausage meat so may need to cut a sheet of pastry down the middle to make 2 lines of pastry/sausage rolls.
- Arrange the sausagemeat down the centre of the pastry. Use the egg to brush along the bottom of the pastry.
- Fold the pastry around the meat to one side, and seal the edge with a fork, then cut this into an even amount. I had 5 sausage rolls per sheet.
- Brush with a little more egg and transfer to a lined baking sheet and cook for 25 mins/until golden brown.
- Enjoy – These were super tasty
It may take a bit of fumbling and my recipe is more of a guideline than an accurate measure, but you wont be disappointed with the sausage rolls in the end!
Follow me now on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Happy munching 🙂
Mmm these look amazing! I hope you can follow my blog as I have yours, it helps me out a lot! here’s my latest post: https://madebybernadine.com/2020/10/22/all-the-chocolate-with-none-of-the-guilt-avocado-brownie-recipe-video-tutorial-included/
Have a great day!
LikeLiked by 1 person