So I was planning on making healthy “blondies” but these turned out more like mini cakes, which isn’t a bad thing! I confess, I am no where near as good at baking as I am at cooking because I do like to “wing it” a bit when putting recipes together, whereas I find with baking you have to be precise with ingredients and times or you come out with something different to what you planned, or a total disaster!
On the plus side these little cake slices were yummy, sweet and only around 80 calories each!
Ingredients (for 8 slices);
- 50 grams self raising flour
- 25 grams reduced butter spread
- 2 medium eggs
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 25 grams white chocolate chips
- low calorie cooking spray
Method (Approx 30 mins prep + cooking time);
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C. Spray a small baking tin with low calorie cooking spray and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- Place all of the ingredients, apart from the white chocolate chips, into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Mix half of the white chocolate chips into the cake mix and pour into the baking tin.
- Scatter over the remaining white chocolate chips and place in the oven for 17-20 minutes until golden but still slightly squidgy. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Once cool, remove from the tin, take the greaseproof paper off the bottom and cut into 8 slices. Enjoy!
Please let me know what you think of these little treats, I hope that you enjoy them!
If you would like to suggest any baking/recipes for me to try, or alternatively if you are a restaurant/retailer that would like me to come and write a review please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.