In my recent success of baking, I decided to put together a banana bread as I had 3 very brown banana in the fruit bowl and some bits of baking ingredients in the cupboard – this one is so easy to make and is deliciously light and sweet. Total calories = Approx. 230 per slice.
Ingredients (to make 10 slices);
- 3 large black bananas
- 75ml coconut oil
- 100g brown sugar
- 225g plain flour (or use self-raising flour and reduce the baking powder to 2 heaped tsp)
- 3 heaped tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 30g dried apricots, chopped (optional)
- 30g vegan white chocolate chips (optional – these were leftovers so feel free to add more as these were quite a subtle addition to the bake)
Method (takes 50 mins. total to prep & bake);
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mash 3 large black peeled bananas with a fork, then mix well with 75g coconut oil and 100g brown sugar.
- Add 225g plain flour, 3 heaped tsp baking powder and 3 tsp cinnamon, and combine well. Add the dried fruit & chocolate chips if using.
- Bake in an oiled, lined loaf tin for 20 minutes. Check and cover with foil if the cake is browning.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing. It’s delicious freshly baked, but gorgeous and fluffy for a few days after (if not a little crumbly!)
Told you it was easy! Amend the cinnamon and added ingredients to your taste if you don’t have such a sweet tooth as me, but this went down extremely well in the office!
If you have any recipe recommendations, questions or would like to collaborate with me in any way, please just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!