As part of our calorie-deficit diet we make a lot of homemade soup and salads, and one delicious favourite is a Polish-style Tomato Soup. This is a comforting lunchtime dish that is simple yet packed full of flavour. The inspiration came from suppers with my family in Poland from when I was younger, with my aunties making various different types of noodle soup, the tomato flavour being my favourite. I hope you like it! Total calories = Approx 140 calories per portion.
Ingredients (for 4/5 lunches);
- 400g tin plum tomatoes
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 2 carrots, diced
- 40ml sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Handful fresh parsley
- 100g dried small pieces of pasta/noodles – we used fine noodles
Method (Approx 25 mins in total);
- Place the plum tomatoes and a handful of chopped parsley in a blender and blend well. Mix together with the chicken stock.
- Add the mixed tomatoes and stock to a pan along with the diced carrots and cook uncovered until the soup thickens, about 10-15 mins on a low heat. When the carrots have softened, take off the heat and blitz with a hand blender until smooth (or if you prefer, leave some carrot chunks).
- Add seasoning to taste and then add in your pasta/noodles and cook on a low heat for a further 7-10 mins until tender.
- Take off the heat and add in the butter and sour cream and give a good mix.
And there you go, a comforting, fresh and tasty Polish-style noodle soup 🙂 Please give it a try yourself and let me know what you think!
Please give it a try yourself and let me know what you think!
If you have any recipe recommendations, questions or would like to collaborate with me in any way, please just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Pomidorowa is delicious! 🙂 One of our favourite soups.
LikeLiked by 1 person